Gluten free recipe; delicious spinach patties (also vegan). ENJOY
I never thought that gluten free and vegan cooking would be so easy. It is, and would like to share this super easy gluten free recipe. (serves 4, cooking time 20 minutes)
I used to be the worst cook ever, now I make gluten free, vegan stuff. HOW?
In the Netherlands, my friends always kindly said: ‘oh no José, you don’t have to cook, because I really like to cook. Just sit down and relax. Or cut this carrot.’.
I got the message.. I can’t cook. I’m terrible. Because my friends never let me practise, I stayed the worst cook ever. Thanks friends 😛
Then I traveled to New Zealand, I had to cook, because I was Couchsurfing. When you are Couchsurfing (staying at someones place for free) you want to give something back. And so I cooked…
Couchsurfing: one person doesn’t eat gluten, the other is vegetarian, and number 3 is vegan. Ok. Why not?
I was staying at this amazing place in Christchurch. John had 4 guests, beside me. Ok… this is going to be a challenge, I thought.
One. I have to cook.
Two. It has to be vegan
Three. it needs to be gluten free.
I won’t go into details and I’m not going to tell you what the kitchen looked like after I managed to put 12 delicious spinach patties on the table. Just follow the recipe…
Spinach Patties; Vegan & gluten free recipe
Ingredients (serves 4, cooked in 20 minutes)
- 300 gr chickpeas
- 1 big onion
- 100 gr fresh spinach
- 2 spoons of olive oil
- 2 spoons of fresh oregano
- 2 spoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 4 spoons of sunflower seeds
- 2 spoons of pumpkinseeds
- 2 spoons of chia seeds in water (or 2 eggs, when you’re not vegan)
- 100 gr of gluten free flower
- 100 gr of sesame seeds
- salt & pepper
- 1 spoon of sugar if you like (I didn’t use sugar)
- Mix 2 teaspoons of chia seeds with water (you use this mixture instead of eggs)
- Grind the chickpeas and onion roughly in a food processor
- Add the spinach, olive oil, soy sauce, (sugar), herbs and seeds and mix them in a food processor
- Add the flower, sesame seeds and chia seeds (they now have a similar substance as an egg)
- Season with salt and pepper
- Remove the blade from the food processor, wet your hands and make the patties
- Bake them in a pan with some oil until they turn golden brown.
BON APETIT, or as we would say in the Netherlands… EET SMAKELIJK!